NIOSH approved for environments containing certain oil and non-oil based particles. 3M recommended for relief against of organic vapours and ozone protection up to 10 times OSHA PEL. Not NIOSH certified for use against ozone. Use with 3M Respirators 5000 Series or 3M Cartridge 6000 Series with 3M Adapter 502, 3M Facepieces 6000 Series or 3M Facepieces 7000 Series with bayonet filter holders. When properly fitted, use in a variety of applications including welding, brazing, torch cutting, metal pouring, soldering, and exposure to lead, asbestos, cadmium, arsenic, and MDA for concentrations up to 10 times the Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL) with half facepieces or 50 times PEL with full facepieces. Full facepieces must be quantitatively fit tested to claim assigned protection factor above 10 in negative pressure mode.Refer to specific provincial regulation for appropriate assigned protection factors for full face respirators. Also offers nuisance level relief from organic vapours that are below the PEL. Nuisance level refers to concentrations not exceeding OSHA PEL or other applicable government occupational exposure limits, whichever is lower. Do not use for respiratory protection against acid gases or in environments that are immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH).
- Exceptional 99.97% filter efficiency meets NIOSH P100-series test criteria
- Advanced Electret Media (AEM) provides lightweight, easy breathing comfort
- Versatile protection against many oil and non-oil based particulate contaminants
- Bayonet compatibility allows use with many 3M™ half and full facepieces and certain 3M™ Scott™ full facepieces
- Wide range of applications reduces inventory needs and training requirements
NIOSH approved for environments containing certain oil and non-oil based particles.